Using wall adhesive for small amount of floor tile.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have just 3 offcuts of tile to lay, about 1" wide and 5" long, at the side of the bathroom, and we ran out of tile adhesive. It's a concrete floor, and it seems wasteful to buy *another* pot of adhesive, however we have a small amount of wall tile adhesive left over from the walls.

We have good quality adhesive, and it's only 3 little ones... what could go wrong if we use the wall adhesive for them?

What is the fundamental difference between them anyway?

Many Thanks! I think this concludes the facepalm/ DIY noob questions.

Sponsored Links
should be fine.

mostly - ones a chemical cure and ones an air cure.

You say “buy another pot” of adhesive, have you used a tub ready-mix adhesive on the floor tiles? I know they are on sale but tub mix (evaporative cure) is not really suitable for floors, always use cement powder (chemical cure) adhesive.

Small tile slivers at the side of the room won’t be loaded so it shouldn’t be a problem & if both are tub mix, there is unlikely to be much difference between the two. I wouldn’t advise you use tub mix on floors in the future though, I just hope it stands up to it & lasts for you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back