Utility and kitchen circuits

Great, I wasn't sure if there was some sort of legal requirement for them so wanted to find out before suggesting it to the electrician, I already have one for the hob and oven but thankfully avoided having two by getting a dual outlet plate to put in the cupboard in between.

So does each socket for the dryer and washing machine even need a switch?
Could I just plug each into one like on the link below?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/mk-logic-plus-13a-1-gang-unswitched-plug-socket-white/58698[/QUOTE]
I would strongly advise that you find a new electrician.

You clearly have no confidence in the current one's knowledge of the regulations, his ability to design appropriate circuits, or his willingness to listen to and discuss your requirements.

I have total confidence in the electrician, he's currently away so I can't ask him anything. It's just me being eager to get everything ready as I need this thing finished before Christmas. I also thought I would just pick brains on here as opposed to pecking at his when he gets here. I'm just interested really and have too many questions for my own good as I will never be able to put into practice what I learn on here.
Also if any of my questions are totally stupid then I'd rather be shot down on here and save myself from sounding a prat in front of him and his apprentice :mrgreen:

regards

Homer

Sponsored Links
Back again with another question if I may :oops:

So if I have the 2.5mm cable from the 32a mcb running to the utility into an unswitched socket for each of the dryer and washing machine, can I spur up from each to a standard double socket above the counter?
Or even run the cable to 2 double sockets above the counter and spur down from each to an unswitched socket?

regards

Homer

The latter sounds OK, a ring final in 2.5mm serving the sockets above the counter, then spurs from said sockets down to sockets for the appliances.

Sponsored Links
So if I have the 2.5mm cable from the 32a mcb running to the utility into an unswitched socket for each of the dryer and washing machine, can I spur up from each to a standard double socket above the counter? ... Or even run the cable to 2 double sockets above the counter and spur down from each to an unswitched socket?
Either of those options would be acceptable. Although it would involve a bit more cabling, the ideal solution would be to have all the sockets (both above and below the counter) 'on the ring' (i.e. no spurs at all).

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back