Vacuum cleaner recommendations please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if anyone could recommend a cylinder vacuum cleaner. It must have a combined cable/hose length of at least 8m. Anything like bagless, washable filters, usable on hard floors would be great but not essential. Our Dyson lost it's suction after two years and we were told this happened with age (despite the fact they advertised otherwise), so I don't want one of these.

Sponsored Links
Have had my Dyson for about six years now and the suction is as good as ever. But you do have to clean or replace filters regularly.

I've got this:

http://www.yourmissus.com/vacuum/

It costs about £600 if you do it yourself and it's at least twice as good as the best dyson. Suction is amazing, no unit to lug around, quiet and the bin only needs emptying every 6 months or so.

We've had it about 18months now, it's great!!
-Dan

After my Dyson packed in I bought a Sebo. Great build quality, good suction but a bit heavy and bagged but still better than a Dyson.... or so my missus tells me. :D

Sponsored Links
We have three hoovers: a Dyson, a Henry and an ancient Hoover Junior. Of the three, the Henry gets the most use now, even by our other half who once raved about Dysons.

Quite simply, the Dyson is heavy and clumsy in use and too bulky to go under tight spaces. The suction is certainly good but the tubes are almost unusable because they try to collapse on you. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Our Henry has seen many months of regular use now - and we still haven't needed to empty it! Also, I really like the way you can wind the cable into it. You can also use it without a bag. I'll try that if the current bag ever gets too full. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PS: Despite it's noise and limited suction, the old Junior is still the best for hoovering under those tight spaces. :) :) :)

Get a Kirby.

Mine is 27 years old, still sucks like Linda Lovelace :LOL: , loads of bits that go with it to do floor polishing, carpet shampooing etc.

It even survived my brother hoovering up wet concrete with it.

They are majorly expensive though - think modern ones are c£1500, but if you get 30 years out of it, £50 a year is not too bad.

I'll have you know that mine cost the princely sum of £360 back in 1982 :D . Come to think of it, that was about a tenth of my salary at the time!

I recently bought a Samsung Silencio upright.

The warrenty was longer and motor more powerful than the dyson.

Ignore all the guff about it being ultra quiet however.

Weve a meile, with 4 dogs the hair moulting is ridiculous. It beats the dyson(weve had 4) and the hoover pets, hairs and stairs into the ground. Bags are tiny tho and you do need to change the filters regulary.

Sponsored Links
Back