Vacuum cleaner recommendations please

To the op, you should get a vaccuum cleaner to suit the sort of vacuuming you do, and to suit the sort of abuse that you generally give your domestic appliances.
If we had a Dyson, my missus/kids will have smashed it to bits within weeks, which is why we have a....

Henry Xtra!

Sponsored Links
happy with our dyson,but have to admit everyone i meet who as a kirby swear by them and most have had them for 20 plus years
bob

mikeyd said:
Our Dyson was rescued from a skip. Previous owner had chucked it because it had lost it's suction. One filter change later and it was as good as new.

Our Dyson lost suction. It probably happened slowly but I rarely use it so I noticed the change. The motor just didn't sound right (pitch too high) and the fluff wasn't swirling round like it used to. :confused: :confused: :confused:

The obvious cause was a blockage somewhere so I went looking, opening up all the little tubes to find the culprit. They were all clear. I took out the filter at the top. It made no difference. This is where the average user gives up and either takes it to a repair shop or chucks it out. :( :( :(

It had me baffled for a while but then I took the trouble to follow the air flow all the way through and there, underneath the cyclone, was another filter. It was well hidden and clearly not meant to be removed by a non-technical user. The sneaky b*ggers! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sponsored Links
Dyson are the vacuuming equivalent of BMW -a triumph of marketing over engineering and quality

We had a Henry and darn good it was. Changed to Vax and that seems slightly better + it has a wet function.

Cheers
Richard

Buy a Dyson! There ya go! :rolleyes:

had a hoover vortex for 10yrs, good. till it packed up.
it was good enough for dyson to sue them over it, claiming dyson invent the process, truth being that it was technology invented years ago for grit arrestors.

so we looked and looked for new vac, unfourtunately nothing is a patch on the dyson, everything else is carp Im afraid and yes it stuck in my throat to admit it :evil:

The only Vacuum recommendation I can make is Suck don't Blow!

Got a kirby about 10 years ago, had it serviced a few times (costs £3 per month direct debit which covers service, all parts and labour), and it's still as good as when we first got it.

Got a kirby about 10 years ago, had it serviced a few times (costs £3 per month direct debit which covers service, all parts and labour), and it's still as good as when we first got it.
Told you so: Kirby's last for ever :)

I'm adding this query to this thread as it seems appropriate.

We would like a cheap upright. We have a cylinder but the main attachment is broken. Therefore we're only using it with the crevice tool (ooh err missus!).

We don't want to spend a fortune as our rowdy boys will probably end up breaking it!

Has anybody got any Which recommendations for the lower end of the market (never mind all these Miele and Bosch machines!)?

Just want a basic vacuum with maybe a hose on the back.

Thanks, folks.

Can't find any. Asda do an own brand cylinder, but not, it seems, an upright.

Sponsored Links
Back