Vaillant 242 prob! Maybe PCB!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!

Hope someone out there can help me with this!

When i turn off the room stat, the heating goes off, when i trun the room stat up, the heating will not start back up at all. If i run the hot tap, the boiler heats the water and when i turn the tap off the heating starts back up...but after a couple of minutes the boiler shuts down completely. If i reset it, as soon as i turn the room stat down the process starts again!

Its getting on my nerves...im thinking along the lines of a new PCB or could it be something simpler such as a sensor on the heating side?

I appreciate any help you can give me on this :eek:)

Jimbob

Sponsored Links
Why does everyone always rush at the PCB ???

Its almost certain to be the system flow switch is not operating reliably on CH.

Tony Glazier

Sometimes it is the pcb that causes that fault. (think its the front one that the other 3 plug into)
Kaput anti cylcing timer me thinks.

Or maybe something else entirely.
:cool:

Sponsored Links
First place to look is around the diverter valve area for correct mechanical movement both to the right when on dhw & to the left when on htg also there may be too high an electrical resistance through the low voltage switches

Hey guys!

Thanx for the advice...i will be looking at the boiler again tomorrow...will let u know if its pcb, flow switch or...whatever! :eek:)

Cheers and hope the sun keeps shining for all of u!

Jim...

used to work on contract with loads of these boilers and if its not the micro switches its normally the flame supervision board, turn down the time delay to the minimum. (poteniometer behind silver blanking plug front of main case ) start up heating turn down front control knob to min burner goes out, turn temp to max wait for anticycle time delay, if burner starts check switches if burner does not start replace ig pcb ps do not run hot water while performing this test also have had thermostatic board (pcb with large blue chip on)cause this once.

Which vaillant 242 - there are about a dozen!!
VCW or VUW for a start!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back