Country
United Kingdom
Just installed a new boiler system:

Vaillant 637:
Ariston Primo ITI 300:
2x 2 port valves(grey & orange wires isolated):
VR 65:
VRT360.

The CH seems to be working fine but im getting no joy with the DHW. I've swaped the 2 port valves over and still getting the same problem. the d.70 is set to 0. i get the DHW symbol on the boiler so i assume the VRT 360 is working. i've checked the voltage on the vr 65 and only get 240v on the DHW 3 port valve terminal and no voltage on the DHW 2 port valve terminal on the vr 65.

can anyone help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Where have you connected the cyl stat to, or have you used a VR10?

instructions say NTC is only for vaillant unistor cly so only the ariston third party cyl stat is connected to the cly terminal on vr65.

Sponsored Links
I take it the VR65 is plugged in, working with the green neon lit?

What voltage are you getting on the DHW zone valve brown wire terminal?

Well either you have connected the wires incorrectly, which I will assume is incorrect, or the VR65 is faulty.

I have had these dead out of the box before.

Either get your installer to replace it or call Vaillant under warranty, but tell them it is a VR65 problem, otherwise they will turn up without one ;)

Thanks Gas4you.

Had a closer look at the third party cyl stat wiring diagram (Not very clear to understand) and swaped the number 2 wire from the stat terminal to thermal cut-off terminal and got the vr65 working with the DHW 2 port valve.

It sounds as if he has now corrected his mistake!

Pity he never answered if he was a CORGI registered installer or a DIYer !

Since when has being corgi reg had anything to do with wiring a VR65 :rolleyes:

It does not!

But since he installed the boiler himself he needs to be reminded to read up about notifying Building Control otherwise when he sells the property he might find problems.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back