Vaillant 828 ecomax, loss of pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has started losing pressure, so I tied a plastic bag to the outside pressure relief valve pipe and it's dumping water into it. Why is this happening ?

Sponsored Links
I have just set the pressure to 1 bar and turned on the heating on and watched the pressure go right up to the max 3 bar and the water started dumping outside. But why is the pressure going up?

Sponsored Links
I have checked the expansion vessel’s pressure and it read 0.75 Bar of which it falls into the correct pressure value of 0.75 to 0.90 Bar, but the pressure does keep going up to 3 Bar and dumping water out of the pressure release drain off pipe outside when the boiler is operation. Is there a pressure senor switch what is meant to stop this pressure going too high??. Is the pressure senor switch the problem ?

Can anyone help please?

Steve

has the filling loop been disconnected, if not it could be passing

assuming you've correctly checked the expansion vessel(by emptying the water from the boiler first) then I would check that the pipe connecting the expansion vessel to the system is not blocked. It will more likely block at the very point its connected.

yes but is it disconnected as even though it is off it could be passing

Yes, I have turn both valves off so there should be no water coming through, highly unlikely both valves are faulty

Yes, I have turn both valves off so there should be no water coming through, highly unlikely both valves are faulty

Yes but is it disconnected. If the valves are passing water it won't matter that they are turned off. Best to check rather than assume that this isn't the problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back