Vaillant 831 ecotec plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two questions for anyone that knows, whats the minimum and maximum watts this boiler will cope with on the central heating side as i plan on upgrading four of the seven radiators from singles to doubles and want to know what i have to play with, i know it has 24kw but how much of this can i use roughly?

Also what is the best wireless programmable room stat for this boiler? and could i fit this myself? any help much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
831 has a max 24kw output to central heating. btu equivalent is 80,000.

will easily cope with seven rads whatever size they are.

7 rads is only about 10kws...vaillants own controls are the best bet..either the 470f or 350f

Sponsored Links
8/9 - 24

Can't remember if its 8 or 9 minimum

Also not sure if this has changed on the 2nd generation ecotecs?

Ok well I'm getting some really big radiators one in kitchen is 2.4m x 450mm single which I'm changing to a 500mm double as the kitchen just never gets warm enough, and doing same in bedrooms an hall. I have it set to 70c which I think is normal for this boiler? Thanks for the info I think it's will easily cope with the extra an should warm the house a lot faster once done!

normal for this boiler is compensation controls, and the outdoor sensor, as these are mandatory in Germany...

Rapid heat up times are inherently in efficient especially with on-off controls, so best avoided... installing the vr470 is the way to go...

The 470f only works with the brand new 2012 831 so I ordered the 350f as this just plugs straight in so happy days its more expensive than the Honeywell controllers but no plumber needed 👍 and just a stelrad radiator as heard these are lighter an more efficient than the kudox screwfix sell, maybe a job for Xmas day when the relatives are boring me......

Pete1976,

Just a small correction in case users are searching forums.

The 470F does work on older 831's. I have just put one on mine (installed in March 2010) to replace an honeywell unit that caused short cycling. Works just fine :D, but you do need a degree in reading the installation manual and user guide!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back