vaillant 937 ecotec boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems with my vaillant 937 ecotec boiler, approx 7 years old

It will not give any hot water or heating and comes up with error code f.75 which says is the pressure sensor switch or pump.

I can hear a low rumble noise from the pump also clicking as if to work and have changed the pressure sensor switch for a new one, but still not working:(.

Have googled to see what else it could be. Someone has mentioned about the expansion vessel, I have deflated the vessel which blew out air fast at first then little dribble of water came out. when re pressurising the vessel at 1 bar the boiler will fire up but the temperature will shoot over 100 degrees and the pressure gauge rapidly goes up to 3 bar and shuts boiler down, not all the time though, i can also get it to fire up like this by opening the filler loop to 2 bar, then does same again with temperature and pressure.

Any help appreciated

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
your initial problem was an easy fix, by deflating the EV you have now caused another problem.
We cant give advice on here when it involves removing a front panel that is part of a room sealed unit.
Get a GS engineer to sort the problem who will no doubt check the whole unit is in proper order.

thank you easyflow for your reply, what are your thoughts for the initial problem, what problem would occur when deflating the EV and have recharged it, i am monitoring the pressure in the EV and dropped about 0.2 bar overnight.
I have spoken to a engineer, who is coming to have a look, i am trying to get as much info as possible to aid.

Sponsored Links
Just tell the rgi what you've already done, should be enough for them to go on without any further input tbh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back