Vaillant AquaPlus 362-7 & Hive Heating

No, it brakes the circuit when off (moon), makes the circuit (sun). I’m guessing @ianmcd got mixed up? I had a thought to test the hive - just wire it up with a plug and see if it lights up.

Sponsored Links
No, it brakes the circuit when off (moon), makes the circuit (sun). I’m guessing @ianmcd got mixed up? I had a thought to test the hive - just wire it up with a plug and see if it lights up.
Good suggestion I'll wire up the L,N and Earth and leave nothing in Term3. Will dig out a plug in a bit and give it a whirl

Receiver works, wired up with a plug get the flashing amber as the manual shows.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
@ianmcd would you possibly be able to explain your proposal of the moon or whether myself and @CBW are understanding it incorrectly?

Many thanks in advance, before I strip the thermostat again and **** the missus off lol

Sponsored Links
Based on this I've found in the installation guide I'll check what colours are where in here. It's a quick cover to remove (clipped) so should be a quick cross check of what's where

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221129_111639_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20221129_111639_Drive.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20221129_111649_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20221129_111649_Drive.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 36
If you remove the cover then it needs to be checked for safety afterwards.

My bad I got the symbols the wrong way round, if it works OK wired to a plug then the wiring at the boiler end is wrong, suspect the neutral is not wired in, as the last stat worked

• Thanks
My bad I got the symbols the wrong way round, if it works OK wired to a plug then the wiring at the boiler end is wrong, suspect the neutral is not wired in, as the last stat worked
Ok will check the neutral tomorrow

Sorry @ianmcd did you mean neutral in the boiler pcb?

Last edited:
On the money @ianmcd looks like the neutral is wired in but it doesn't track down to the stat. I'll double check where the stat is that I didn't miss anything.

Assuming the neutral doesn't run to the stat location, what are my options now?!

I probably need to check behind the fused spur also go see what's happening with the bridge off cabling down to the stat, that neutral must terminate in the spur if it doesn't track to the stat.

Attachments

• 20221130_092628.jpg
    20221130_092628.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 35
On the money @ianmcd looks like the neutral is wired in but it doesn't track down to the stat. I'll double check where the stat is that I didn't miss anything.

Assuming the neutral doesn't run to the stat location, what are my options now?!

I probably need to check behind the fused spur also go see what's happening with the bridge off cabling down to the stat, that neutral must terminate in the spur if it doesn't track to the stat.
To be honest you would be better and quicker to mount the receiver next to the boiler and get a length of 4 core or 5 core flex (B&Q) sell it by the metre, and wire the receiver direct to the boiler, then simply remove or leave in place the redundant existing thermostat. That is how it should be done, simply L&N from boiler to L&N on receiver, 3&4 from boiler to 1&3 on hive , either way round it doesnt matter, no links like you may have seen on other posts and job done

Last edited:
Would I just wire it out from the 5 terminals in the boiler using all the cores? Take it I can just daisy off from the boiler terminals in my pic and run a new cable to the hive on the wall? That would still enable the hive to be killed by the Spur correctly

Where would the two brown sheathed ones go Hive side?

Perfect just seen your post edit.

I'll just terminate the existing stat I guess at the point and chok box the terms

Where I remove the stat can I just terminate all the cables into a junction box with some wagos? Don't need to create a loop or anything daft.

Also, the boiler in 3 and 4, do I need to remove those cables and terminate them or just leave in and put the other new cable into the same screw port and therefore have double cables in those ports

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130_111632_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221130_111632_Chrome.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
3 and 4 just trim wires back to the white sheath of cable. As for removing the stat no power should be going to it, so no need to terminate safely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back