Vaillant boiler code S7

Hopefully someone will post a pic of a pump (cant do it on this pos) in a mo.

Sponsored Links
I think everyone's thinking that at the moment...

Try to describe in more detail what your problem is. We can't help you if you don't use your words I'm afraid. Are you saying that the temperature in the boiler is rising but the pipes aren't getting hot?

Sponsored Links
The boiler comes on and temp rises to 70/80s then goes on rads start to warm up in this time it then goes off

Has the heating suddenly started misbehaving or has it been gradually getting worse?
Do you still get plenty of hot water or has that slowed down as well?

Some pictures of various parts of the system (boiler, pump and motorised valves ) might help us.

It has just stopped since this morning the hot water were fine but now the boiler isn't working it won't be able to heat it up

Sounds like it could be a circulation issue - possibly your pump isn't working properly. Is the pump noisy or unusually hot?

Becky, the lads are trying hard to help here - and I can sense your frustration at not getting a quick solution - but they need a bit more
assistance from you.

They need the exact boiler model, what is (and isn't) happening and when the problem started. Some pix of the boiler digital read out when "error" messages are showing plus pictures of your pump and 3-way valve would also assist.

Don't be afraid to ask what these things are, or where you might find them - they will guide and help you.

They aren't in your house, so can't look around, so you have to help create that situation with your responses.

And don't be too upset if, after all the above, they suggest calling in a GasSafe engineer.

Becky, the lads are trying hard to help here - and I can sense your frustration at not getting a quick solution - but they need a bit more
assistance from you.

They need the exact boiler model, what is (and isn't) happening and when the problem started. Some pix of the boiler digital read out when "error" messages are showing plus pictures of your pump and 3-way valve would also assist.

Don't be afraid to ask what these things are, or where you might find them - they will guide and help you.

They aren't in your house, so can't look around, so you have to help create that situation with your responses.

And don't be too upset if, after all the above, they suggest calling in a GasSafe engineer.
Well said. It'd be easier to get blood from a stone than trying to get information out of this one!

The pump over run should only be for a limited time and then it should revert to p[roviding heat.

How long do you watch it showing the S7 code?

Has anyone fiddled with the boiler settings which might have altered the pump over run settings?

Tony

Right then sorry I'm learning to use this site as well as the bloody boiler system in my house with three kids n just having an operation so....
The boiler comes on for about a minute or two on the display there is the flame a radiator a tap n the temp it will cut out as it reaches 80 the flame then goes n the radiator flashes
The boiler is a vaillant ecopro and is gravity fed, the motorised pump works fine I have bled the radiators then drained the system cleaned the filter on the boiler and it is still as before

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back