Vaillant boiler code S7

What number does the boiler have? How many rads?

What filter have you cleaned? How much dirt?

Sponsored Links
IMG_0179.PNG

7 radiators the water were clear from the boiler n the filter which is on top of the boiler

Sponsored Links
Boiler model number is 418 then! That will be about right for your property. The boiler should cycle back on after about 3-6 minutes if the settings are normal.

Has anyone fiddled with settings?

How long does it stay with s7 ? What do you do next?

S. 7 goes off when the boiler starts it heats up until 80 then cuts out I've put up a picture with the model number

Well that is normal operation!

But how long does it show the s7 for?

Particularly how long to reach 80 and cut off? Then how long to come back on?

Tony

It takes about a 2 minutes to get to 80 at around 70 it seems steady but then quickens up to 80 n cuts out it won't start up again until u turn heating off n back on or restart boiler

When was it last serviced?

Has anybody been fiddling with the settings?

What is the longest you have left it showing the S7 ?

Tony

nobody touched the setting the heating didn't come on this morning so went to start boiler said the s. 7 code boiler over run tried to start it then just does as I've said

What setting is the pump selector switch on?

Tony

Lack of water in the system, pump not working, blocked cold feed the list goes on.

Amusing, I ask her three questions and every time she only answers one of them.

Even if the experts on here manage to diagnose the fault, it is very unlikely that they will be able to talk OP through implementing the solution.

She needs to call a pro in.

Read all of the above with interest as have same problem (S7 showing on Valient Eco Tec Plus 418 boiler that tries to heat up then cuts out) but getting to the end was like discovering someone had ripped out the last page of the book I was reading! Disn’t get to find out what happened in the end! I’m just hoping landlord will be so fed up with paying for new parts that they’ll order a new boiler! Mine was not properly power flushed at the start (2007) and has never run well for long before requiring a power flush (twice), 3 port valve (twice), a pump, a circuit board, and has been awaiting a gasket for nearly a year. Well, at least now it’s not working I have a break from the kettling! Hoping for a Worcester Bosch instead of this Vaillant when it gets condemned. As someone said, the old Pottertons we used to have were better! Perhaps there’s a touch of built in obscelence these days? Have just overridden the system with the thermostat receiver thingy at the top of the house again for the bit of heating I can glean before it all cuts out again. It would be a Saturday night of course, wouldn’t it?! But - Hey ho - it’s nice to have a landlord who will get someone in soon and pay for it! Wish we’d heard back from Becky with what hers turned out to be needing but the poor girl was probably quite upset by the time she’d read some of the rather mean comments. I know less about my boiler than she knew but don’t worry I’ll wait for our trusty engineer to come and sort it and in the meantime get lots of excercise forcing myself up a couple of flights to override the thermostat umpteen times a day! Maybe lots of that will force the situation into a case for a new boiler!?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back