Vaillant boiler removal.

C H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I have bought an ex council house and it has a fairly new Vaillant eco tec pro 28.
I have had a gas safe plumber in to reroute the pipe work as the wall is being removed where the boiler currently is.

That's all been done however neither my plumber, myself, or anyone else who has looked at it can get the boiler off of the wall. There is a sticker on the side saying that considerable damage will be cause to the boiler if removal is attempted.
My plumber won't go any further incase he damages it.

My question before I crowbar it from the wall is - can a Vaillant boiler be removed once its been installed with security fixings?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Unless it’s been fitted with some sort of aftermarket anti theft fixings, I know some social housing and local councils fit “anti-lift“ brackets on radiators to prevent theft while empty premises are being 2nd fixed, maybe they do similar with boilers.
Otherwise it’s a simple job, usually remove one screw behind flue and lift forward from the bottom and off the mounting lugs.

Attachments

• EFE5E58F-6831-420E-BE57-AFD9BE43D379.png
    EFE5E58F-6831-420E-BE57-AFD9BE43D379.png
    413.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
@kidgreen61 It not a case of unhooking the boiler. When I have renovated houses before they have been removed incase of theft. These are a common boiler for local authority and I've come across them many times, as has my gs plumber.

However this particular one doesn't unhook it has no free play at all, it must have an anti theft device which I believe its supplied by vaillant as there is a sticker on the side (picture attached)
I was asking if anyone had any experience with this or had fitted one previously and knew how to remove the boiler from it without damaging it.

Thanks to everyone else for the constructive comments. It's much appreciated

IMG-20220607-WA0000.jpg

@kidgreen61 It not a case of unhooking the boiler. When I have renovated houses before they have been removed incase of theft. These are a common boiler for local authority and I've come across them many times, as has my gs plumber.

However this particular one doesn't unhook it has no free play at all, it must have an anti theft device which I believe its supplied by vaillant as there is a sticker on the side (picture attached)
I was asking if anyone had any experience with this or had fitted one previously and knew how to remove the boiler from it without damaging it.

Thanks to everyone else for the constructive comments. It's much appreciated

View attachment 271624
Thanks, I've never come across that before, must be because I work in affluent areas:giggle:

First I’ve heard of it, so thanks for posting. No idea on how to remove it, maybe your engineer needs to speak to Vaillant?

phone vaillant if its not in manual or on their website

The sticker states the boiler can not be removed so it looks like the boiler is scrap unless 5he boiler can be supported whilst the wall is removed around it. You might then find a way of releasing it from the bracket.

Hi, could this be of any use?
It looks like the kit just comes with a Rawl bolt and bracket!:
Edit: sorry, just saw the attachment in third reply :(
Edit2:
A better pic from eBay:
The bolt is fitted through a receptacle, and a cap is pushed in over the top.
So the question is, how to get the cap out! (If this is indeed the bracket!)

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
yep your boiler is fitted with a security bracket, very common with housing authorities and new builds to stop theft , tell your RGI to call Vaillant and they will explain how to remove it, its not a hard thing to do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back