Vaillant boiler timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help. I'm brand new to this forum so please bear with me.
I have moved house and there's a vaillant ecotech pro 28 boiler with the old style (hands and pins) clock dial.
It seems the clock is running slow and losing around 30 mins per day.
What can I do please?

Sponsored Links
You have a few options. Easiest is to replace the clock. Its a plugin module and it can be swapped like for like or replaced with a digital unit which will give you few more functions such as 7 day timer. More complicated way is to swap your thermostat for a smart one and have that do the timing. Nest or hive are popular now but there are cheaper, less flashy units.

It will probably be a 150 timer, part number 20116882 you will be able to pick up a new one for about £45. Or if you want to upgrade it to a 160 digital model you can for about £20 more. The replacements are readily available and simply plug in.

A functionally better and potentially cheaper solution would be to fit a programmable thermostat. They can be bought from about £15 upwards.

Then the existing mechanical timer is then just set to constant.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. I think I'm going to try changing to a 160. Seems I can buy one and swap it myself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back