Vaillant CH keeps turning itself on!

MrC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our 4 year-old Vaillant ecomax has recently developed a mind of its own, and has started turning the CH on at random times of the day, even though we have switched the CH dial to off/summertime use. Two months ago an engineer came and fitted a new DHW heat exchanger which sorted the problem for only a few weeks. Can anyone advise?

Sponsored Links
If the "aquacomfort" or warmstart is turned on this will cause the radiators to partially heat if the diverter valve is sticking.

Now I wonder just why he changed the plate HE. Could it be dirt in the system??? I would have cleaned it!

The correct procedure would be to power flush the system which is what should have been done before the boiler was installed!

Just possibly the diverter is sticking due to that same dirt! They can stick even on a clean system though. I think the later ones are slightly modified to reduce sticking.

Tony

They went through at least five "improvements". But I recently changed one of the latest type, which was as clean as a whistle :cry:

Sponsored Links
I've got a Vaillant 824E TurboMAX, the CH would stay on, switch on itself + then the HW wouldn't work whilst the CH was on. The diverter valve was sticking.

Ordered it from the web for approx £85 ;) (local merchants wanted approx £140) + got it fitted for £30.........10 min job.

All is working fine now..........i've heard it's a common problem with these boilers so good luck

vaillant had a batch of boilers that were sent out with probs - i have one fitted but would never use them again -

Had the same fault, and it was the diverter valve, if you are paying for this repair it not a hard repair so be watchfull.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back