Vaillant Eco Tec Plus 612 with VRC430 and VR65 no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just changing the wiring on this boiler from an old timer and stat to VRC430 and VR65 wiring centre. I have got links in both the 24v and mains thermostat terminals on the boiler and am using the NTC connected to the Unistor tank. I have gone into the test setup on the VRC430 and when i select "50 degree" test setting the boiler fires up as it should. I have tried hot water on manual and timed but so far I cannot get anything to happen.

Would anyone we able to shed any light on my problem! and suggest a way forward?
Could it be that the VRC430 will not work properly with the latest generation of Eco tec boiler?

Am thinking of trying a VRF470 controller which would give me hot water boost function as well i think???
Regards
Stu

Sponsored Links
Cant really give too much advice as if your not a gas installer then you shouldn't be taking the casing off that boiler to access the wiring (forum rules no DIY gas advice)

However both the 430/470 are well outdated as is the VR65. If you want to do it right then you should be looking at a VRC700 and VR70 wiring center and get a competent gas engineer whos vaillant accredited to install them.

Hi Gas Man, yes completely understand about not messing with gas. A mate installed it, he's gas safe but currently out of the country until after Christmas. We installed all the appropriate wiring prior to him certifying it. So I have just hooked up all the wires i had pre prepared. I'm an electrician/electronics engineer by trade so pretty sure I've wired it all up ok.

Has anyone managed to get a VRC430 to work with an Eco Tec Plus 6 series boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back