VAILLANT ECO TEC PLUS 937 GOOD OR BAD ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there everyone,

have any of you had experiences with the vaillant Eco tec plus 937 boiler. I am thinking of buying one for my 2 bed 2 bathroom bungalow. A bit on the big side possibly but I like lots of hot water !!! I want to put it in the loft space and its to replace an old boiler & immersion heater.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would recommend a small boiler and an unvented store.

The specs look very good if you dont understand how boilers work.

If you do then you will realise that it cannot give that flow rate for ever. The store is likely to be depleted in less than 10 minutes.

In spite of all the talk on here I am still waiting for someone to run 20 li/min and measure the temperature against time and see what they do in practice.

When the store is depleted it wil revert to the boilers capacity to heat the incoming water.

Tony

I've done one and it did what it says on the box.
It's dimensions and the strength of the wall fixings take a bit of care, however. The hot water tank that sits behind the boiler is quite thick and holds quite a weight of water (15 kilos + the weight of the tank and fittings). The boiler hangs on the tank, so there's the 'overhang effect' to consider too.
Note also that the water stored is actually hot water, not boiler water, so as long as it's still hot, you get instant response.
BUT it will do NOTHING to compensate for low flow and /or low pressure problems.

use the 831 and 837 on a regular basis but not tried the 937 have had no complaints from my customers about water or heating on either.

428 heat only boiler is very good as well

Sponsored Links
croydoncorgi said:
I've done one and it did what it says on the box.

So how long does it deliver the "rated" flow for?

What happens when the store is depleted? Does the temperature or the flow reduce?

Tony

Agile said:
I would recommend a small boiler and an unvented store.

Do you mean a Megaflow? we are tight on space as I want to put a bedroom and bathroom in the loft also. Thats why I was looking at this boiler. Would you recommend I get the Mains pressure tested first ?

Mark

A Megaflow is just one brand of unvented cylinder.

They must be installed by a certificated person.

Anyone competent would measure the dynamic flow rate before specifying an unvented or even a combi boiler for that matter.

Tony

kevindgas said:
use the 831 and 837 on a regular basis but not tried the 937 have had no complaints from my customers about water or heating on either.

428 heat only boiler is very good as well

Exactly as you say Kev, I'm a Vaillant only installer as well. Saying that I do not like the 400 series, admittedly it has slightly better pcb and diagnostics than the ecomax pro, but it is still an awkward bugger to service compared with the 600 & 800 ranges and from my experience still needs the pump set on 3 regardless, to stop the F27 fault.

Would have to slightly disagree Simon, the glow worm HXi is still the OLD ecomax pro :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back