Vaillant Eco tec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had it installed for about 1 month now - however twice it has lost all presure - I have had to re pressurise it by twisting the 2 grey knobs underneath.

Surely this shouldnt be right?

Sponsored Links
u must have a leak on the heating systm go a check round all the rad vaules or near blr good luck also check prv pipe outside by putting a clear plastic bay under it and seeing if it collects water

get your installer back out, theres a water leak somewhere and he should be fixing it.

Did it lose the pressure instantly or gradually over a week say?

Did the installer purge the boiler and system correctly during commissioning and did you after re-pressurising it?

1 time pressure loss could be normal but 2 is suspicious.

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Did it lose the pressure instantly or gradually over a week say?

Did the installer purge the boiler and system correctly during commissioning and did you after re-pressurising it?

1 time pressure loss could be normal but 2 is suspicious.

1st one was the day after installation - so spoke to the installer and he said use the grey knobs underneath - if that didnt cure it he would be round straight way

Now its happened again some 4-5 weeks after installation

What does Purge the boiler mean? how do I do that?

Turn boiler off and turn back on whilst holding + & - buttons. Keep holding until display reads P0, let go and press i button.

Boiler will self purge.

Worth a try, takes about 5-10 mins. You may have to top up pressure afterwards. Make sure trv's are open first.

As others have said, have you noticed any water out of the prv pipe?

Was this a boiler change or a complete new ch system? If complete new I would have thought the installer would have air pressure tested system before filling.

I always test mine to 3.5Bar for appox 1 hour. I'm too old to run round looking for leaks when I fill up anymore :LOL:

gas4you said:
Turn boiler off and turn back on whilst holding + & - buttons. Keep holding until display reads P0, let go and press i button.

Boiler will self purge.

Worth a try, takes about 5-10 mins. You may have to top up pressure afterwards. Make sure trv's are open first.

As others have said, have you noticed any water out of the prv pipe?

Was this a boiler change or a complete new ch system? If complete new I would have thought the installer would have air pressure tested system before filling.

I always test mine to 3.5Bar for appox 1 hour. I'm too old to run round looking for leaks when I fill up anymore :LOL:

I will have look at that later - thanks for the info though

When a system is filled for the first time the entrapped air is dissolved in the water.

This can be ongoing for a day or two and gives rise to the fear of a leak to anyone not very experienced.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back