Vaillant EcoTec 831 - Running a Thermostatic Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant EcoTec 831 and would like to run a shower from the boiler.
I have a small 3 bed house and the boiler runs 6 rads and my kitchen taps and bathroom.

I'm adding a thermostatic shower to my bathroom and would like to run it off the boiler.

Are there any certain types I should get? or can I choose any one out of the sheds.

Sponsored Links
any thermostatic will be fine. But worth paying a bit more for quality.

Sponsored Links
I always advise people to totally AVOID anything made by Triton.

I fitted one of their shower pumps which failed after four days.

Their customer service was negligble and I lost £133 plus three hours on a Saturday afternoon. I now warn others of the problems they can cause.

Rather than replacing the pump and perhaps even offering me some compensation for having to waste my time, they ignored me.

My advice on forums to avoid their products has probably lost them, several thousands worth of sales. Thats very short sighted of them. I have even offered them an 0800 number to call me on for free but they still dont bother! Thats what Triton are like!

Tony

Many Thanks for the advice.

Can you also explain to me what

Exposed Flexi means

Also Built in fixed

Build in flexi

Does this refer to the shower head?

Many Thanks

B&Q (uurrggghhhh!! i hate to recommend a shed) have a nice exposed valve Gainsborough unit for £180 at the moment fitted 1 the other day for a customer and found it pretty good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back