Vaillant ecotec plus 824 - Wifi Thermostat KKMOON HC-T010-EWF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just bought one of these thermostat but I am not 100% sure of the correct wiring to the boiler,

Boiler model : Vaillant ecotec plus 824

Thermostat KKMOON HC-T010-EWF
va20135165.jpg KKMOON_HC-T010-EWF_007.jpg
va20135165.jpg
KKMOON_HC-T010-EWF_007.jpg

Could you please clarify it to me?

Thanks

Andrea

Sponsored Links
The simple way is 1 and 2 to 24 volt RT and L and N to L and N and E just safely terminated, in theory should be two cables one for extra low voltage and one for low voltage, in practice it depends how close the thermostat is to the boiler.

The on/off thermostat is only to stop boiler cycling in the summer so does not really matter what room as long as set a little higher to the TRV temperature, that boiler clearly designed to use a modulating thermostat if being used to control area temperature, I note the MODBUS and the BUS +/- so may be the thermostat can be connected to bus instead of using the extra low voltage option, but I personally do not know if they are using the same protocol, or where you would get the plug to fit back of thermostat.

If you wait some one may know if you can connect to the ebus, personally I would not take the chance without a lot of reading up first, but would use two cables so I could switch to ebus control in the future.

I did look up MODBUS but it seems to be more to do with a building management system using SCARTA and PLC's than OpenTherm so I don't think you will easy find the interface required. Seems to be more of an industrial system to a domestic, would expect to see it controlling fan assisted radiators etc in large office blocks where it does heating and cooling?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back