Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 Low Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently moved into a property and the boiler has lost pressure. I've had a look online and it says there should be 2 taps to fill up the pressure. I cannot seem to find any taps below the boiler. Can someone please help? I've attached an image.

aD475zF

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Looks like the two levers have been removed. Follow the silver ,braided, flexible hose ,to each end. Where it meets each fitting you will see screw head . Directly below the screw ,is a flat ended shaft. You need to put a spanner onto the flat ended shaft to turn 1/4 turn to open ,on both of them. When both are open ,water will flow into boiler to top up pressure. When done ,make certain both are closed ,back to their original positions.

Do you mean these circled in black? sorry I'm very new to all of this! I've tried turning those with some pliers but they don't seem to.
IMG_1752.jpg

No ,not where you circled. There are 2 small screw heads ,pointing downward.
One is in-between the right hand black circle and the red knob.
The other one is to the left of the right hand black circle ,and further up( toward the top of your picture)

Ah yes I understand you now thanks! do you turn clockwise or counter clockwise?

Can't remember ,think it's anti clockwise as you look upward. And you really need a spanner rather than pliers. You don't want to" round off" the flats.

Boiler looks like the Ecomax? Just be certain they’ve not left it like this for a reason, as in fitted another loop elsewhere.

Thanks very much Terryplumb. We took the screws out and there’s a slot for a slotted screwdriver to turn them! Resolved

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back