vaillant ecotec plus 937 - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have a fairly new (few months) vaillant ecotec plus 937 boiler. Have noticed one radiator was not heating up at the top of the house, checked and had low pressure. Turned off boiler and increased to 1.7 bar using the 2 flow pipes. Sorry my terminology might not be right, hopefully it makes some sense. Bled radiator and system on. Heating working great and radiator great. BUT no hot water at all. Thought maybe the flow taps might not be turned correctly but checked and they SEEM ok (how can I know?). Not getting any error messages at all. Display is showing a "C"(can't recall if that is usual).
Any help appreciated?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Do you mean that no water coming out of the hot taps, neither hot nor cold?

No water coming out at all?

I had this problem when I topped up my 937, turned out the left hand valve of the filling loop wasn't closed properly. The grey handle appeared to be closed but in fact it was just spinning round and not actually turning the valve.

My 937 is 5 years old, I don't know if the filling loop designed has changed on the newer ones.

hello
I have mixer taps, cold water ok, no water at all when move to hot.

I wondered if the grey filling loop handle wasn't closed fully but how can I tell? If it is just turning around what can I do?

If I turn it anti-clockwise I start to hear the hiss as if it was filling, and I turn it clockwise so it stops, but I don't know if it is fully closed.
thanks

can anyone help with this, if it is straightforward would be great to fix it rather than call someone out. Sorry I am not experienced so any help appreciated.

The grey knob on the right as you look at it is not shut off, remove the grey knob by undoing the posi screw in the middle of it. Use an 8mm spanner on the brass flats of the valve turn it one way an try hotwater, if nothing comes out turn it fully the other way.

if you are using the boiler filling valves then the handles need to cross the pipe on both.

opening the valve to the system closes the supply to the hot water taps!

thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. Both do cross the pipe but perhaps not turning properly. Will have another look.

thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. Both do cross the pipe but perhaps not turning properly. Will have another look.

You should be able to get it working again by following Bunny's advice, that's exactly what I had to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back