Vaillant ecoTEC plus VU,VUW query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping someone can give me some advice.

I moved to a new build house in June which has an ecoTEC plus boiler installed and located next to the bedroom. On the first night I noticed that the pump was running at regular intervals through the night which was too noisy. I read the user instructions and guessed this might be due to the Comfort Mode setting for the hot water and so turned this off. I also put the boiler into Summer Mode.

All has been well over the summer. Last night I decided it was time to try out the heating controls (two digital room stats) and so took the boiler out of summer mode and programmed the thermostats. All was fine until I went to bed. Both thermostats were set to low temperatures so there was no heating demand but the pump was again running at regular intervals - running for approx 5 minutes every 25 minutes or so. The pump stopped as soon as I put the boiler back into summer mode.

Can anyone confirm whether this is normal? Is there anyway I can stop this happening - otherwise I will end up operating the boiler manually using the summer mode which seems less than ideal.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back