Vaillant: hot water slow flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We moved into a house with Vaillant combination boiler installed (TurboMax Plus 824E). The main pressure is about 1.2 bar. The boiler operates well for CH and HW supply but the flow of Hot Water is slow. It makes shower very unpleasant, while the main Cold Water flow is perfect.
It is equally slow upstairs as well as downstairs.

Can anyone advise where the problem can be?

In addition, I found the Cold water cistern is still in the loft but not used any more. There is no water inside.
The Hot Water cylinder is still in the cupboard. Not used for the water heating but it gets hot from the upper side when boiler supplies the hot water. Can this be a problem?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
How many boilers do you have.

On another forum you are asking seeking answers on Vokera boiler.

Sponsored Links
To DP: unfortunately, I have only a single boiler. It must be someone else on another forum.

To bradleybear: Thank you for advise. How easy is to access the filter on Vaillant boiler? Does it still fall under DIY or should I seek for a professional service?
Have anyone done that before (cold water filter cleaning) on Vaillant TurboMax Plus boiler? Any experiences are welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back