Vaillant radiator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I have a house full of radiators fitted with valves bearing the Vaillant logo and name.

They're manual valves but look like they're designed to be changeable to TRVs - underneath the plastic caps there's a plunger like in a TRV.

The problem I have is that the caps have gone really brittle over the years and now the teeth that hold the caps to the body are breaking off as soon as you touch them.

Can anyone suggest where I can get replacement caps - or TRV heads? I've tried my local plumber's merchant and they tell me none of their heads would fit so I really need someone who has some really stock of these exact heads.

I really don't want to have to replace all the valves when it's just the plastic caps that are broken.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Photos attached
WP_20160122_002.jpg
WP_20160122_003.jpg
WP_20160122_004.jpg

Yes, they're the decorator caps supplied with the Vaillant TRV's. Haven't seen the valves in years. I THINK they were made for them by MGN or MNG which were taken over by Honeywell but memory is flaky on that. Come to think of it, I don't recall ever seeing any other valve with that method of securing the head to the body.

Never saw them sold separately so the thermostatic head would have been with the system when installed. If you bought the house search the cupboards or roofspace to see if they were storeed anywhere:)

Maybe the previous owner, if it was not you, didn't pay the bill so the installer didn't fit them. Excellent valves that could but shouldn't be fitted flow and return without making annoying rattleing. Ugly as sin though, silver and black.

Sponsored Links
Right. I was starting to think maybe they were decorator caps. Any idea why I can get hold of decorator caps now or will it be impossible?

As I used to use the valves I'd bet I have one or two in the garage but we're in the middle of a move so it'd be hard.

Brilliant! Well found - not sure I'd be able to find anything that small in the tip of my garage. Might be a boiler in there for all I know.

So, you fancy selling or do you want to hold on to it for sentimentality sake? :)

It even looks like it still has all its teeth - more than I can say for some around here...

Last edited:
It'd be brand new and I kept one from each of the brands I fitted 'cos the daft customer would lose theirs. It must be 20 years old and of sentimental value plus I can't get to it so sorry.

Ok. Anyone got any advise on how I can get hold of these sought after articles?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back