Vaillant Turbo Max Plus 828e - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me but please excuse my descriptions as I am a complete novice and female!

I have the above boiler and no hot water, The CH is fine but to be honest I have never understood this boiler, I aquired it with the house and have no manual either.

The boiler fires up when the hot tap is turned on and the green light flashes but no hot water.

Can anyone help me please? If you need more info let me know

Thanks in advance
Amanda

Sponsored Links
Well you are female from Essex. You probably prefer to dance with the other girls with your handbags in the middle on the floor. So knowing that we dont bother to ask you.

I expect your boiler has a fault! Turn heating off and wait one hour then turn on a hot tap for 10 min and see if the rads get hot.

I expect it needs a new part fitted for which we charge about £189 in our local area including a service check.

Tony

I'll ignore the dancing and handbag remarks, but if you ever need to anything about computer programming then please do give me a shout. Just because boliers are not my forte, please do not assume I am stupid!

I had guessed the boiler had a fault, hence the 'no hot water' :rolleyes:

Please can you tell me what you suspect the fault could be and what part you assume would need to be changed?

Amanda

Sponsored Links
Flow diverter valve is what is at fault.

Could be either plastic rocker switch on side that has snapped or internal diaphragm.

Mozza is thinking about another vaillant model, the 242/282 !

Essex Girl, I asked you to do a simple test which would help me to diagnose your boiler fault.

If you dont want to do that then thats your perogative ( choice ).

But if you did do it then I would be able to correctly diagnose the fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back