Vaillant VCW-sine 18 T3 W GC Code 47 044 01-Malfunction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am experiencing a malfunction with my Vaillant combi-boiler.

The boiler control on the heating side is currently set up to be switched on and off via a separate room thermostat and a separate time clock, it has been working fine like this for years. (setting mode 1 as per instruction manual)

However last week the boiler failed to run in this mode, I have replaced the thermostat, checked the wiring and tried another time clock but this has made no difference.

I then changed the operation of the boiler/pump, to setting modes 11 (TRV's & clock-no roomstat) and 111 (no controls) all as described on page 14 in the vaillant instruction manual and the boiler worked fine in both modes.

Any suggestions what might be causing this malfunction in setting mode 1?

Sponsored Links
Have you followed the 230v through the controls with a multimeter? ( If competent to do so safely! )

Tony

Would that be a check across terminals 4 and 5 for the roomstat and a check on the switching circuit for the clock?

Its normal to check for 230v from the chassis to each point of interest!

Sponsored Links
The boiler just won't run anymore with the roomstat and timer clock connected up, I can get it to run with the timer clock but I have to rely on the rad TRV's to shut the boiler down, which isn't ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back