Vaillant vSmart Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Vaiilant ecotec Plus 624 system boiler fitted in 2015. I installed the Vaillant VR66 control box and VRT350 programmable room stat. The system is S plan with one wired heating zone to the VR66 and a 240v cylinder stat to the VR66 with an inline switch to prevent DHW demand for the occasional time I don't want the heating to go off due to the DHW demand (300 litre cylinder, which can be a time consuming recovery period).

I recently purchased a vSmart combi kit as I already had the VR66. The internal rotary switch required turning from position "0" to "1" which surprised me as it had worked flawlessly for the past 5 years in position "0".

I've decided not to use the learning programme as I don't want the boiler coming on at God knows what hour and I'm prepared to wait for it to warm up.

In addition to the existing time profiles of:
At Home 20C
Night 12C
Away 7C

I have added:
Morning 18.5C
Afternoon 19.5C

Now this is where I get confused or have a question. Say for example I am currently in the "Afternoon" setting of 19.5C and wish to give it a boost of say 2C via the +/- buttons on the app. Why does it revert back to the 19.5C setting within a couple of minutes? The comms indicator revolves then it goes back to 19.5C. I think the comms does work as I can manually amend the "Afternoon" profile to 22C for example and it will change.

Sponsored Links
Problem solved but I don't know how as it just started working correctly after a day or so.

They recently had server maintenance and on top of that often the controls are quite slow to update the firmware when newly installed which can cause glitches, once their upto date they generally run with little or no issue.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back