Valiant ecoTEC pro 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, we would really appreciate some advice!

We are looking to get a new shower for our bathroom. Our boiler is the "Valiant ecoTEC pro 28". Does anyone know if the "MIRA EVENT XS REAR-FED WHITE THERMOSTATIC POWER SHOWER" would be compatible with our boiler?

This Mira shower says the boiler is "Suitable for Low Pressure Water Systems Only". Is our boiler a low pressure water system?? If not, does anyone have any other recommendations for what shower we should get?

We really appreciate any feedback!

Thank you very much!

James

Sponsored Links
This Mira shower says the boiler is "Suitable for Low Pressure Water Systems Only". Is our boiler a low pressure water system?? If not, does anyone have any other recommendations for what shower we should get?
I'm afraid your boiler isn't a low pressure water system.
Combi boilers are usually unsuitable to be connected to a power shower.
A low pressure water system would have a separate hot water tank, that the shower pump draws from.

Have you got a shower head connected to your combi currently?
I have a thermostatic mixer shower on my combi, and its perfectly adequate for us! :)

Thank you very much for your reply!

We have a shower head / hose attached to the tap on our bath for a shower. This only allows us to either have the shower as hot or cold, nothing in-between, hence why we want to get a different type of shower.

Do you have any recommendations for what we should get?

Thank you again for your help!

Mine is a cheap combined tap/shower from Victoria plumb:

This style has been maligned on here before, but has suited me so far (although do buy a better shower head!)! :)
There have been good things said about Aqualisa and Mira thermostatic mixers.

It's never going to be a power shower, but the thermostatic feature makes such a difference to a comfortable shower.

If this is going to be over a bath, you may want to consider plumbing in a separate mixer shower - the combined thermostatic shower/tap makes for a very slow fill of the bath!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ah, so does that mean we cannot get any power shower-esk showers?

Does that mean we will always need to get a shower that is directly attached to our bath taps?

Would any be suitable that is more 'standalone' for use of a better word? Is this what you mean by plumbing in a separate mixer shower?

Would something like the Miro Adept BIV be suitable? Would we be able to change the temperature? As currently it is either hot or cold, and nowhere in-between.

Sorry for all of my questions, and really thank you so much for all of your help!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back