Valliant EcoTec Pro 28 - Pressure tops out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i think i may have the answer from other posts, but nothing specific to my issue so want to confirm before calling a tech.
  • Boiler over 5yrs old
  • Cold Pressure set 1.2
  • Water temp - 60c
  • Heating temp - 60c
  • no noticeable issues with water
  • Heating - comes on and heats up, but soon stops
  • Pressure at 2.9 bar upwards and display flickers between bar reading and temp reading
  • pressing - & + show Sf.h
  • Heating will fire up again after a while when pressure drops
Can anyone please confirm / advise if this points to a pressure sensor problem? Assume this is an engineer call to fix and not something i can do?

Thanks for any help given,
Gary

Sponsored Links
Excellent, ordered a pump and gauge to arrive tomorrow. Taken the front off and located the valve. Will update on success or ask another stupid question if needed.

Thank v much for the swift reply!

Sponsored Links
dear Scooby, in theory removal of the front cover of your vaillant (to test/recharge the vessel) is Gas Installer territory, as it forms the room-sealed casing.

Just saying this as DIY Gas Advice is against DIYNOT.com rules, and the helpful advice from steve32 is contrary to this.

That is all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back