Value of lathe & tools to go with it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When my dad was alive, he always said the tools would be left to all of us & we can use or get rid of as we wish.
All tools come in handy for us but the lathe is something that none of us will ever use so it's just taking up space.
I've had someone from my work interested & he's said i'm to see my mother & see what she wants for it but she's no idea of the value & neither do i.
Obviously we're not looking to have the blokes pants down but neither do we want to just give it away.

It's stamped up as a 'Clarke Woodworker 37" wood lathe'. It was used a reasonable amount while my dad had it & then he had these other tools that he used on it (no idea what they're called but i'll include photos of those also).

Photo 10-12-2015, 3 09 12 p.m..jpg
Photo 10-12-2015, 3 09 31 p.m..jpg
Photo 10-12-2015, 3 13 31 p.m..jpg
Photo 10-12-2015, 3 13 44 p.m..jpg
Photo 10-12-2015, 3 14 02 p.m..jpg

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
A useful bit of kit for those who are interested in wood turning......specify in the ad that it has a 250v motor, and is complete with a faceplate and two sets of wood turning and boring chisels. ( I can't see any other bits but I guess there's a tail stock too.)
Price......say bids around £125 but who knows? Cruise ebay to see what's there.
John :)

Thanks very much. I had a gander what those lathes are going for new & it was £200some. £250ish i think. So i figured £100 for that on its own as its used & old. Didn't know what the other things were called so couldn't search those.

Thanks again.

EDIT: https://www.gumtree.com/p/lathes/clark-wood-turning-lathe/1144876118 found that. Looks in better nick than ours so £100 is probably a fair shout on the lathe itself.

Sponsored Links
The top set of tools looks like a generic "starter set". Carbon steel and just "OK". The bottom ones are "Record Power" ones. look like they are HSS (high speed steel), and are much better quality.
There are some for sale here new
http://www.norfolksawservices.co.uk...QAVnd2lWl4rBQFMp_Rv5-1hV-nmSHPh67HhoCRiXw_wcB
(No connection to me)
They're probably worth at least half the value of the lathe, although you should check.
The curved rest is a "bowl rest" for bowl turning, so that the curve will fit inside the bowl. Could be an extra.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back