Van security

I've got a vansafe bolted to the chassis where all my expensive tools go, cage bulkhead and one of those van locks on the back doors (no windows). The only weak point is the side sliding door :confused:
At least if they did get into the back all the main tools are in the vansafe
If they smash the front windows the doors are deadlocked so as far as i know the only way into the back of the van is by pulling the side door somehow :?:

Sponsored Links
Sat in my van today (vauxhall combo 02) and locked it whilst i was sitting in it, and found out that the locks dont deadlock. So any smackhead can pop my front windows and open the whole van by pulling the door lock up :confused:
What a c_rappy design!!!
If i disable the central locking i wont be able to lock and unlock the sliding door - any ideas how i can make the side sliding door more secure without splashing out :rolleyes:

add an additional lock to it

those ones that take a sort of round padlock where you can't see a hasp or the locking part look fairly neat and solid.

And secondly not everyone has to share your sentiments. People are entitled to have their own point of view, that you may not necessarily agree with.

slightly hypocritical to have a go at someone for expressing their opinion then saying everyone is entitled to theirs!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Sat in my van today (vauxhall combo 02) and locked it whilst i was sitting in it, and found out that the locks dont deadlock. So any smackhead can pop my front windows and open the whole van by pulling the door lock up :confused:
What a c_rappy design!!!
If i disable the central locking i wont be able to lock and unlock the sliding door - any ideas how i can make the side sliding door more secure without splashing out :rolleyes:

Usually if you lock your car/van from the inside the deadlocks are disabled - its a safety feature :rolleyes:

My folks 'H' reg cavalier had deadlocks so I would imagine your van would too.

Oh and to the yank, i'm really not interested in the politics of americans' right to arm bears. I think the Ted Nugent forum would be more up your alley.

I think armed bears would be a fantastic deterrent for van burglary - can you imagine your average tea leaf or junky wanting to take on a 500lb kodiac armed with an axe?

Just like the English farmer who shot an attacker in his home (his castle) and the farmer went to jail for trying to protect his home BUT the governments know what is best for their citizens

Well, in this case I think it was more like he lay in wait for the guys, and shot him in the back as he was running away. But that said it did raise serious questions about how far you can go to protect yourself and your property.

To counter that story, I believe, there was a case in Florida(??) where a chap who understood little English, apporached a house, and was shot dead by the homeowner, as he did not understand what they were saying to him. It's a tricky question.

On a side note from my armed bear post above has anyone tried tricks of psychology to put off the thieves?

I recall when I was at college we had shared fridges and my friend and I were having the problem of people 'borrowing' our milk so we took to writing 'camel sputum' on our 4 pint bottles of milk - nobody ever pinched our milk again...everybody knew it was milk and not camel sputum/goat jizz etc. but they weren't prepared to take the tiniest chance that it was.

Perhaps a discreet warning sign on your van saying "Warning - [Parasitic Ticks/Venomous Reptiles/Disfiguring Fungal Spores] in Transit" would dissuade the tea leaves in future.

soldier_w_giant_mousetrap.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back