Van security

Sponsored Links
Well guess what,some idiots no doubt in a stolen car drove into my work car on the communial car park where I live.Smashed the front light and crumpled the wing a bit,but I also discovered on starting it that there was fuel leaking too.
Got out the trusty AA out to have a look,apparently the impact had loosened something,he was unable to repair it and said that the cost of repairs including the light,fuel leak and wing would be almost as much as the cars worth (yes I buy cheap cars for work :LOL:) so it looks like another cheap car and off to the scrap heap for my current one,I just wish I knew who the sad little muppets are that did it so I could show them the error of their ways ;)

have a look at this little product http://www.boldcommunications.co.uk/gsmpager.asp, transmits a message to your mobile and works very quickly, not the cheapest of products but i have found it a very effective device, mainly used as a fixed alarm transmitter but operates on 12volts. so if your van is very close when your working on site you may just catch the toe rag in the act and wont need to go to the car boot to find your powertools, the toe rag may end up wearing them or maybe even having them injected rectally, :evil:

Looks a good product...how much is it?

Tool thieves are down there with kiddy fiddlers and muggers IMO ..the cardinal sin, steal someones means of making a living

Total vermin, scum of the earth who really should die a long slow painful death.

have a look at this little product http://www.boldcommunications.co.uk/gsmpager.asp, transmits a message to your mobile and works very quickly, not the cheapest of products but i have found it a very effective device, mainly used as a fixed alarm transmitter but operates on 12volts. so if your van is very close when your working on site you may just catch the toe rag in the act and wont need to go to the car boot to find your powertools, the toe rag may end up wearing them or maybe even having them injected rectally, :evil:

Looks a good product...how much is it?

Tool thieves are down there with kiddy fiddlers and muggers IMO ..the cardinal sin, steal someones means of making a living

Total vermin, scum of the earth who really should die a long slow painful death.

bit pricey its about £180.00 + vat :cry:

Sponsored Links

OT, but check out this news story

Its often thought, but its a bit disturbing when it really happens. Could you do this?

Back on topic .... in my area the Police have handed out some signs "No valuables in this vehicle" to be placed on the dash, with advice for drivers to rip virtually anything of value out of the vehicle when it is parked, so that no one can nick anything.

They say this will be a deterrent. I always thought a better deterrent would be to actually start catching these people, and then giving them a sentence with will deter them.

But I suppose a sign is cheaper and easier

If you have bulkhead and rear grills take the fuse out of the central locking, thought mine was safe, they popped front window hand in and flicked door lock and hey presto all doors unlocked. Old plod reckoned it was a planned shopping trip as 4 other vans done in same road. Wouldn't have minded but I'd got lashed and stayed at friends house.

My prayers go out to those poor blokes who now find themselves being tried for murder.

I have found a company that will insure tools in your van overnight and have 2 grands worth of cover, not cheap but gives peace of mind, I also rent a unit at a local storage depot and keep all my power tools that I don't use on a daily basis in there, again another expense but just part of the cost of being in business.

How much is the above insurance ? Are the tools also insured in the lock up, or is that another policy, and again how much are the premiums?

MG HEATING AND OTHERS

If I may draw your attention to "YOU TUBE" this site was a great revelation to me. I now NEVER buy padlocks.

They can show you just how easy it is to open them without a key.

I was amazed that with a tension spring and a pick made from a paper clip you could get into certain padlocks.

Worth a look.

Best deterrent is using your van as a Kennel to keep your Rottweiler housed.

OT, but check out this news story

Its often thought, but its a bit disturbing when it really happens. Could you do this?

Back on topic .... in my area the Police have handed out some signs "No valuables in this vehicle" to be placed on the dash, with advice for drivers to rip virtually anything of value out of the vehicle when it is parked, so that no one can nick anything.

They say this will be a deterrent. I always thought a better deterrent would be to actually start catching these people, and then giving them a sentence with will deter them.

But I suppose a sign is cheaper and easier

Simialr circumstances to what hapened to my daughter recently....6 months pregnant and a pice of **** of a junkie neighbour burgled her....just what she needed a couple of weeks before christmas.

I hope he buys some dodgy smack and dies..painfully.

I have no sympathy, ..the law..waste of space, offered him a caution if he brough the stuff back (perhaps he is a freemason?)

I wanted to kick the lviing day lights out of him and would have taken so much pleasure in doing it if it wasnt for the fact it would have cost me my job and any chance of getting such a job again.

He doesnt realise how lightly he got off.

They shouldnt have killed him though...they are going to pay a heavy price for that..(unless they are masons)

bob totally agree with you mate.

the lad has put his point across the same as anybody what country he is from makes no difference.

i too agree with the right to bear arms to a degree, maybe not a firearm but this is a sad time we live in when someone can break in, cut his f*ckin arm and sue the hell out of the person who he was stealin from.

what the f*ck is that all about.

i had my van broke into by a local addict but was fortunate to catch him in the act so the worst was a broken back window.

the law is defo not on our side when it comes to this but i must say that the coppers hands are tied and do everything they can to help you. especially when your trying to explain a little nose bleed on the perp!

bob totally agree with you mate.

the lad has put his point across the same as anybody what country he is from makes no difference.

i too agree with the right to bear arms to a degree, maybe not a firearm but this is a sad time we live in when someone can break in, cut his f*ckin arm and sue the hell out of the person who he was stealin from.

what the f*ck is that all about.

i had my van broke into by a local addict but was fortunate to catch him in the act so the worst was a broken back window.

the law is defo not on our side when it comes to this but i must say that the coppers hands are tied and do everything they can to help you. especially when your trying to explain a little nose bleed on the perp!

Did you smash his head through it?

Honest your honour he tripped over and smashed his face in and everytime i helped him back up he just seemed to fall back over again.
Touch wood never had van done for tools but believe it or not someone once stole my windscreen talk about a bemused look on my face as the cut rubber lay in the hole :eek:

i caught him half way through the back window. it has a small padlock on the doors so he couldn't open them..

suprisingly though he didn't struggle to get away.

probably cos i had clamped his legs together as they dangled out the back window. :LOL: held him there till cops arrived.

i laugh about it now but i was cursing like mad at the time and was pretty scared as cops said he was fairly tooled up. :eek:

i laugh about it now but i was cursing like mad at the time and was pretty scared as cops said he was fairly tooled up. :eek:

Yeh, half of 'em were probably yours! :LOL:

Good on ya though.

Sponsored Links
Back