Vehicle Scrappage Scheme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking at the vehicle scrappage scheme; I have an ageing Vauxhall Brava no longer required which my checks indicate seems to comply for trading in against a new car, has anyone anyone done a truck for a car OK?

The rules also state that the new vehicle must be registered after May 2009, does this mean you can actually trade in for a second hand model (& get a bit more off) rather than brand new?

Sponsored Links
Don't do it :evil:

Sorry I hate this scheme it is going to remove people who can't afford shiny new cars (sorry, I meant people who don't want to get shackled with yet more miracle economic debt) from the road, isn't particularly environmentally friendly (like the government cares :LOL: ) and think about the fact that not only will it limit any barter potential with the dealer but the amount your car will devalue after leaving the forecourt seems to make that two grand saving a little on the trivial side!

I’ve never personally owned a new car in my life, always bought ex-fleet at auction but it seems like a good demise for an old & tired 200k miles truck that I’ve only been offered £500 for & will almost certainly not pass its next MOT without significant work.

I appreciate there are good deals to be had without scrappage but thought there may be some mileage in it as I would never otherwise buy new; I don’t feel personally & morally responsible for saving the planet either as my other car was made in 1972 & I’ve owned it since 1975. The truck is going to be scrapped in the next year anyway as it will no longer be required & we now need a small economical run around, that’s a bit green isn’t it!. My thinking is I might as well get as much for it as I can while the going is good; no government is going to make things easy for me or give me sod all else over the next few years!

Anyone else out there that can actually answer my questions :?:

Sponsored Links
Richard, the scrappage scheme may be rather floored in several areas but your situation sounds like it would be worthwhile pursuing. Also have a read of this.

Back