Velux Window Fitting / Sandtoft flat interlock tiles

pdv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - anyone in the know on the correct fitting of velux top hung windows in conjunction with Sandtoft 20/20 tiles.

Installers are working on right now and the job looked rubbish with tiles 'ramping up' to the edge of the window, velux have advised on this but the installer wants to continue with his way of correcting the job by screwing the tiles down to stop the edges lifting, still overlapping the flashing kit more the velux want.

Am I on a hiding to nothing with this, should I get a velux rep out, should I be insisting on ripping out the now damaged flashing kits and new ones to be put in in accordance with the velux instructions - which are rubbish anyway for the new version.

Help - advice please asap.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
velux and their instructions are not rubbish. they are in fact, idiot-proof.

is is perfectly normal for the tiles to kick up a little and will not detract from the window's performance.

Can I email you a couple of pictures to get an opinion?? or could you explain how I upload them to here.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back