Venner Type PBCY Mk 2. Any ideas on how to get a replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i've gone over to this job with the above timeswitch. I need to get an exact replacement though if that not possible then perhaps another make??
Please get back to me asap as these customers are starting to get on my nerves

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
i've gone over to this job with the above timeswitch. I need to get an exact replacement though if that not possible then perhaps another make??
What type of system is it?

What is the real problem?

Why do you need an exact replacement?

the problem is thhey cant control the times for the boiler. Its either constant on or off. The boiler is one of these old ones with 4 pipes coming out the back for heating and hot water.
I want the same one as it makes life simple to just wire in the same thing as there are about a million different cables coming out the back of it.

the problem is thhey cant control the times for the boiler. Its either constant on or off. The boiler is one of these old ones with 4 pipes coming out the back for heating and hot water.
I want the same one as it makes life simple to just wire in the same thing as there are about a million different cables coming out the back of it.
It might be better to install a wiring centre and connect everything into that, including a new programmer/timer.

Sounds like a gravity system.

Is the heating side still gravity or is it pumped?
Do they have a room stat?
How is the HW temperature controlled? Cylinder stat or boiler stat?

Sponsored Links
Everything is on gravity, they do have a room stat and HW is controlled by the boiler.
And I don't expect they want to go to the expense of converting to fully pumped or installing motorized valves etc. ;) Though it might be worth pointing out the fuel savings if they did so.

If they don't want to update, all you can do is install a wiring centre and a simple 24 hour timer.

Incidentally, how do they stop the rads heating up in the summer? My bet is they just turn the room stat right down, so the motorized valve on the heating circuit is permanently closed.

Randall 103, or Sangamo Q550 is probably the nearest you will get to the long since obsolete Venner unit ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back