Vented cylinders and building regs

G

Goldspoon

Confused about cylinders and building regs after receiving conflicting advice...:

If I want to change/install a standard vented cylinder do I have to inform Building Control?

If so what qualification do I need so that I do not have to do so and do I have to join a competent person scheme and if so who runs such a scheme and how much is it?

If I do have to inform where in the building regs can I find where it says anything about this?

If I want to change/install a thermal store do I have to inform Building Control?

If so what qualification do I need so that I do not have to do so and do I have to join a competent person scheme and if so who runs such a scheme and how much is it?

If I do have to inform where in the building regs can I find where it says anything about this?

Sponsored Links
You can install any vented item without informing anyone and without needing any qualifications for a DIY job.

Even doing it as a business its very questionable that you need any experience or qualifications which is why the plumbing industry contains some cowboys and some totally inexperienced people.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back