ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We recently taken over a commercial building that has a 180kw gas boiler located in the basement. We had a thermostat replaced and the engineer noted that we have insufficient ventilation.

He has provided me with the required amounts (654/1308cm2) but I was wondering whether these amounts are for direct ventilation to the outside? Currently, the boiler room is ventilated into the basement corridor (through a pair of high and low level intumescent vents) which has an ajoining external door with louvred high and low level vents in it.

If both doors had the required 654/1308 would that be sufficient or do I need more to take into account the indirect nature of the ventilation?

Any advice much appreciated!

BB

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

Double the ventilation would basically mean the entire door being a vent - I'm guessing that would mean a steel louvred door?

Do we need intumescent vents in the boiler room or is that just an additional safety feature?

TIA

BB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back