Venting a tumble dryer through an extractor fan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

This is my first post and I'm hoping someone can advise..

We would like to site our tumble dryer in our under-stairs cloakroom as there is no space for it in the kitchen. There is an extractor fan there and I wondered if it would be possible to vent the hose out of it? If so, how would be best to do this? We will leave clear space around the dryer (obviously) and will leave the door to the cloakroom open when it is in use so I am hoping it will be safe and work OK if we can vent it this way.

Many thanks for your help!

Cookiesnmilk

Sponsored Links
This sounds pretty unusual...Is the extractor fan mounted on an exterior wall or does it just shove air around from one place to another. Vented tumble dryers produce large volumes of warm humid air, it has to vent outside otherwise you'll get dampness. Installation requirements should be fully explained in your user manual, I suggest consulting that first.

The only thing I can think of would be to try hanging the end of the drier hose under the bottom of the fan & see if it will extract the steam produced by the drier. Think you will need a powerful extractor but it may work.

i would have thought a 2m vertical hose is going to make a good condenser especially if the extractor fan is at a lower flow rate than the tumble drier ??

Sponsored Links
Is it a vented or condensing dryer, there is a kit to condense a vented dryer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back