Veritas 8 AlarmHi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Veritas 8 alarm in the house I have moved into.
The 'Unset' light is lit.
I enter my code and the unset light flashes 7 times and the Zone7 light lights up briefly the goes back to the same state.
I have checked and there are only 6 detectors.
I think someone may have set Zone 7 at some point.
Any one shed any light on what is happening?
Thanks
There is a smaller keypad in the bedroom and the unset light is lit there too but I can set and reset the alarm from there but not from the Main Panel

Sponsored Links
Not sure that makes 100% sense.

Have you checked wiring in the panel or counted detectors?
Often zone 7 is for panic alarms, but not necessarily the case.
You should be able to arm it from one or other keypads on the system.

Is there a PIR near the main panel?

flashing unset light usually indicates a power problem (10 flashes) but it wouldn't be zone 7 illuminated normally the same would apply at all keypads for the unset light zone 7 could have been activated where you were.

Unset light is permanently lit not flashing.
There are only 6 detectors there is a PIR in the kitchen where the main panel is located.
Zone 7 is not permanently lit it only lights up briefly when I enter my code and the unset light flashes.
When I enter my code sometimes the buttons don't work and beep sometimes they do.
Maybe that's the problem they should work all the time consistently I assume.
Would changing the battery help?

Sponsored Links
probably need need a DCA-0015 kit if the buttons are not responding properly, try ebay

The kitchen PIR is probably Zone 7 (did you check inside the main panel or count the detectors?)
I ask this as its important.

Zone 7 cant light up unless that zone is activated.

It wont hurt to replace the battery, panel batteries usually need replacing every 4 to 5 years, however it doesnt sound like its a battery problem from what you have said so far.

Hi thanks for the reply.
Update:
I found a little box inside the bedroom cabinet with a key in it. I thought it was for the telephone to lock access.
I turned it and a button pops up on the top.
I pressed it - the alarm went off!!
I couldn't reset it from the main panel but the remote keypad worked.
Now the 'Unset' light is off on the remote keypad and the main panel.
But Zone 7 light is flashing both on the remote keypad and the main panel but it is flashing at a slower rate on the main panel.
Totally mystified by the whole thing!

thats a panic button turn the key and reset the alarm afterwards by using your user code and pressing reset, you may need engineers code if it requires an engineer to reset the system.

Thanks that explains your earlier statement about Zone 7 being for the panic alarm. At least I've found it now!
Does the key switch the alarm on and off or is it just to prevent the panic alarm from being accidently pressed?
Granny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back