Veritas 8 - SAB sounding on power fail (and other strange behaviour)

Between 12+ and bell should be around 13.8v dc in alarm
Output 3 is bell output that looks correct

Sponsored Links
Yeah but I think I only just changed the endpoint output 3 before taking the picture and it said something very weird before. I think that might explain the strange thing happening when trying to set the alarm. As soon as I hit set alarm it starts sounding, cancel set and it stops almost straight away.

I'll try again tomorrow morning now it's changed.

Would that output been set to something ridiculous change the behaviour of the siren test? Does it tell the panel there's not a siren there hence if doesn't apply the voltage? I assume this isn't going to be something like a damaged fuse. There's no indication on the panel that way and they all looked fine.

I think once I get my head round it this will be excellent.

Just tried to test siren (on the basis I could cancel as soon as it pipped) and nothing.

Suspect there was no voltage between the hold off and the trigger but will try touching the bell trigger on 0v tomorrow.

Let's say it's because the panel isn't applying any voltage to the siren trigger but is to the strobe trigger... What might cause that?

Thanks again!

Hi mate

Tried the bell trigger directly to 0v on the battery. Worked.

Connected back up to panel and prodded the fuse a bit. That then works in siren test.

Tried setting the alarm. It now exit beeps properly. Entrance and immediate alarm works as expected too.

No idea what was causing it but glad it's sorted. Thanks for the help and recommendation.

Sponsored Links
May be an idea to post picture of external bell , could advise on any issues with it !

With the cover closed I can't see anything. It does seem to work fine though, strobe is a bit weak and intermittent but it is over ten years old. Still sounds and self actuates.

Alarm has been fine since sorting out this morning.

What's the difference between bell output intruder any and siren any? Engineer manual says siren test only selects siren any outputs. I have it set to that and seems to sound only on intruder anyway (and the test) so a bit puzzled.

OK thanks. The manual isn't very clear. It makes it sound like it can be set to sound on mains fail, mains restore etc. Thankfully it doesn't.

All is working as it should be so I will now leave well alone :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back