Veritas 8 - Unexplained two tone beep when unset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a house with the Veritas 8 alarm fitted. Code seems to work fine and I've identified the 4 zones in use. I've turned off the chimes but when unset I occasionally get a two tone beep for no obvious reason.

As far as I can tell, there are only door switches fitted. No PIRs or other sensors.

Is there anyway to get the alarm to confirm which zones are in use? I have the User Guide but it isn't very detailed and leaves lots of questions unanswered.

Sponsored Links
I've done a walk test and that seems OK. That's how I worked out which sensor was in which zone. The problem is when the alarm is unset and not in any form of diagnostics mode it then keeps giving these two tones.

Not doubting you ....but it’s not the first time someone assumed the sound is coming from the alarm system when it’s something else...

Sponsored Links
Yes, not dismissing any ideas, just giving the results of what I have already tried.

The tones are definitely coming from the alarm unit. I've stood and watched it. It is the very distinct bip, bop sound that the alarm unit makes when the chime is set on. I've made sure that the chimes are off for all zones and that reset has been pressed multiple times to clear any other modes. The alarm is on and unset. The power and unset lights are flashing and no other lights are on. Unfortunately the user guide doesn't mention what the flashing lights state means. I don't know if they should be fixed on. I also have the installation manual, but that will take forever to read and I'm not sure will be anymore helpful.

check mains power and battery power, flashing suggest a power problem?

although that should show in a walk test with 10 beeps

It does give what I though was 9 quick beeps sometimes. Can't remember exactly when. Could well be the walk test. Thought it was 9 but a little fast to count easily. I shall remove and test the battery and what state that is in. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back