Veritas burglar alarm won't set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into new house in 2002 with Veritas alarm.
  • When setting the alarm, it makes a series of beeps, then should stop, when you have left the house.

Now, it continually beeps when being set and doesn't stop after a period. Not sure which model it is. Have a copy manual and have tried resetting, etc to no avail.

Opened cover and can't see an internal battery. It is wired to mains. Any assistance in setting alarm very gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
It will beep the number of times that the circuit number is that is open. If it is beeping one time then look at the door contact on the front door. Two times might be a PIR in the kitchen. Nine times means you have a tamper fault that needs locating.

It will beep the number of times that the circuit number is that is open. If it is beeping one time then look at the door contact on the front door. Two times might be a PIR in the kitchen. Nine times means you have a tamper fault that needs locating.

Thanks for the info. I'll be honest, i don't know how to start fixing this : any ideas?

Describe the beeps. In series of beeps? ie five beeps at a time?

Or a single longer beep like the exit tone?

Sponsored Links
Describe the beeps. In series of beeps? ie five beeps at a time?

Or a single longer beep like the exit tone?

Its a constant series of short sharp beeps, that doesn't change in pitch or length
How many, the number means something, as you have been told.

Count them, you will then come to a short pause, then count again.

1 beep means?, 2 beeps mean?, 3 beeps mean? 4 .......... until 9 beeps, well you have already been told that one.

Joe, I suggest we give up at this point.

I've really only repeated what you said, only a longer version.

Joe, I suggest we give up at this point.

I've really only repeated what you said, only a longer version.

Apologies, I've not explained myeself properly The alarm continues to sound in a never ending series of bleeps. I input the PIN to switch it off once it gets to about 15-20

Count them, you will then come to a VERY short pause, then count again.

1 beep means?, 2 beeps mean?, 3 beeps mean? 4 .......... until 9 beeps, well you have already been told that one.
As I said before, COUNT THEM. As above, the beeps mean something.

"The alarm continues to sound in a never ending series of bleeps."

It does not.

There is a slight pause between each set, count and identify the number of beeps, then get back. You might even get a suggestion as to what the problem is.

When there is a problem with a Zone 1 to 8 or Tamper circuit the panel will not let it arm.

Whatever Zone the fault is on, the panel will "beep" the same number of times (if there is a problem on Zone 5 it will "beep" rapidly 5 times then a short pause followed by 5 more rapid "beeps" then another short pause etc, etc,etc and will keep going until you enter your code)

Also, depending on what model of panel you have a led may light up as well as the beeps to indicate what zone the problem is on.

just a thought its not set to final door set and the door contact is stuck closed ?

just a thought its not set to final door set and the door contact is stuck closed ?

Good point, could do with knowing what model panel it is, to see if "final door set" was an option then (panel must be over 10 years old)

Also may be worth asking if it "sets" in Part Set mode as its unlikley to have "final door set" on Part Set

you are of course absolutley correct. I had to wait till the weekend to test. It beeps in series of 10 short sharp sounds.
So does that mean a tamper fault? And what does a tamper fault mean? resetting the system? thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back