Veritas burglar alarm won't set

If it's beeping 10 times it generally indicates a power issue, either no mains to the panel or a problem with the battery.

Do you have a steady power light on the panel ( could be Green or Red depending on the age of the panel) or is it flashing.

If it's steady you should replace the rechargeable battery in the panel.

If it's flashing there is a problem with the mains supply to the panel, check the fuse if a fused spur is fitted or get an electrician to check it for you.

Nine beeps means it's a tamper fault.

1 to 8 beeps relates to the zone number (1 beep = zone 1, 2 beeps = zone 2 etc)

There is another possibility, that the mains frequency is set to 60Hz instead of 50Hz, this can be changed via the engineers mode.

Just re-read your first post, if there is still no battery in the panel, buy one, a lot of issues are caused by no / duff battery

Sponsored Links
Right,

Unit Will Not Set and Bleeps 10 Times

The Power light on the panel will be flashing to indicate a power fault, either mains fail or battery low volts.

>> The mains frequency may be set incorrectly

thanks for taking time to reply.

The green light is flashing on unset. As far as I'm aware, I've looked a couple of times, there is no battery inside and it is wired to the mains (the smoke alarms have a battery and are wired to the mains) .

Sounds like I might need an electrician out?

Right,

Unit Will Not Set and Bleeps 10 Times

The Power light on the panel will be flashing to indicate a power fault, either mains fail or battery low volts.

>> The mains frequency may be set incorrectly

sorry, not made myself clear. There is no space for a battery inside as far as i can see (unless it is a tiny battery hidden away)

If it's beeping 10 times it generally indicates a power issue, either no mains to the panel or a problem with the battery.

Do you have a steady power light on the panel ( could be Green or Red depending on the age of the panel) or is it flashing.

If it's steady you should replace the rechargeable battery in the panel.

If it's flashing there is a problem with the mains supply to the panel, check the fuse if a fused spur is fitted or get an electrician to check it for you.

Nine beeps means it's a tamper fault.

1 to 8 beeps relates to the zone number (1 beep = zone 1, 2 beeps = zone 2 etc)

There is another possibility, that the mains frequency is set to 60Hz instead of 50Hz, this can be changed via the engineers mode.

Just re-read your first post, if there is still no battery in the panel, buy one, a lot of issues are caused by no / duff battery

Sponsored Links
Before you get an electrician out, if there is no rechargeable battery in the panel, I would buy one connect it to the fly leads, ( they should be at the bottom left hand edge of the PCB next to the AC in terminals) close the panel and try again.

Then post what happens.

You should have a steady green light and it should set ok.

Which Veritas panel do you have. All of them should take up to a 7 Ah battery except the compact panel that only takes a 2 Ah one (I think).

All panels require a battery backup

See the sticky at the top of this forum, there is a section on batteries

sorry, not made myself clear. There is no space for a battery inside as far as i can see
The battery IS NOT IN THE KEYPAD. It is in the control panel, end station or what ever you want to call it. The big box.

Get someone in.

Hi, thanks for replying. I've looked in the 'white box' above the keypad. This has an electrical wire and a speaker. Can't for the life of me, see a battery, unless its hidden under the speaker (which doesn't want to come out). ?

sorry, not made myself clear. There is no space for a battery inside as far as i can see
The battery IS NOT IN THE KEYPAD. It is in the control panel, end station or what ever you want to call it. The big box.

Get someone in.

That is NOT the BIG BOX. It is a speaker (noise maker)

Somewhere there is a larger box (end Station / Control panel), that is where the battery is,

Looked in the loft/cellar/garage, right at the back of the under stair cupboard? It has to be somewhere, we can't find it for you.

Get someone in.

Found the box under the stairs with big white box., Never seen that before, I've only lived here 10 years. So, ordered a new battery online. Hopefully that will sort it. Thanks to all for your patient help. I think you've saved me about £50. cheers to you all. (Well, still haven't sorted it yet, but could be on the right road. )

That is NOT the BIG BOX. It is a speaker (noise maker)

Somewhere there is a larger box (end Station / Control panel), that is where the battery is,

Looked in the loft/cellar/garage, right at the back of the under stair cupboard? It has to be somewhere, we can't find it for you.

Get someone in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back