Veritas House Alarm Not Setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a power cut whilst i was at work, when i came home the light was still flashing, i put the code in and pressed reset, all was good.
Now when i try to set the alarm by putting the code in I don't get the alarm set beeps ?
Would a new battery help ?
Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Likely the panel battery has gone.

If you try setting alarm as normal and press omit prog does the system start to set.

Likely the panel battery has gone.

If you try setting alarm as normal and press omit prog does the system start to set.
Thanks for the reply
no, it does not start to set
When you say panel battery, do you mean the battery in the loft ?

Sponsored Links
Fixed - I put the new battery in but it was still the same.
I had read that the master code/reset is 4321, so i thought I'd try that and it worked !
For some reason the code was reset, maybe with power being of for so long ?
I've put my original code back in and tried the different zones and all seems back to normal.
Probably time for a new battery anyway
SecureIam thanks for you input, much appreciated

Apologies.

I read your code silenced the alarm initially
The panel was still flashing

not unusual on a veritas after battery failure due to power cut.

It resetting the code after silencing the alarm, seems strange as you used your code to silence the alarm, you would expect the code to be still in play. Unless it was rebooting and the default procedure applied as in the manual.

If the codes have reset then the programming of the unit would also have reset, this is only concerns, part sets and if panic/ fire devices were added or the panel was wired differently to the default values.

ie Zone 1 e/e, Zone 2 inhibited entry, Zones 3-8 Guard..

Yes I was concerned the zone programs may of been wiped but they seem ok.
At one point I put my code in twice then pressed reset, maybe this just reset the code back to default ?
I wasn't sure if when it was set if the zone lights for the set zones should display but I checked with next door and their zone lights don't light up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back