Veritas Odyssey 3 - Bell Sound

D

darkcloudi

I have a Veritas 8 and R8 Control Panel PCB and just replaced it with a new bell, the Texecom Odyssey 3

I have done the relevant tests
i.e.
Put Alarm Code
Pressed Program 05
Test 1 for Alarm Sound
Test 2 for Strobe

All of which works, however when I set the alarm and it goes of only the internal bell works and cannot seem to hear the outside bell. Any ideas?

I replaced the 500mA fuse for the Aux and Speaker thinking it may be blown but that doesn't appear to have resolved the issue.

Sponsored Links
I followed the instructions as per this document:
Pic 1
alarm3.jpg

On the Bell I followed the above so it has the same setup as per the instructions:
+VE Supply - Red and White (although i tried it with just the Red as per the document and nothing, i put the additional white wire as it appears on the control panel it has a Red and White wire for the +12V so put the same setup for the bell.
-VE Bell - Blue
-VE Tamper - Yellow
OV - Black
-VE Strobe - Green

Also the pic below is what the original setup was:
Pic 2
alarm2.jpg

It now has the following:
I changed the Control Panel to map the bells setup:
Strobe - Green
OV - Black (in the pic this is looped to Tamp)
Tamp - Yellow (in the pic this is looped to OV)
Bell - Blue (in the pic below the bell has been placed to black not sure why the original setup was like this but changed it and it did not work)

You will see from the above pic the blue and yellow wires are not connected but I did connect these as per the document which is shown in pic 1.

Thanks for any responses

Am I right in thinking that you have connected as per the instructions? Try removing the link on the SAB 0V / Tamp connections. That should not be in place.

Do you have the correct LED flash on the bellbox? Slow left right flash?

I don't think there's a bell delay on the R8 so probably not that. I have a vague recollection of a bell not sounding so I reset the alarm activation number (04 in the programming section if you have the engineer code) that is a possible.

Thanks Deryck for responding.

Connected as per instructions other then having two wires Red and White to the +12V / +VE Supply.

The Link to SAB OV and Tamp have been removed and replaced Black (OV) and Yellow (Tamper) as per the document.

The LED is flashing during the night quite difficult to see this during the day but it does have a slow left right flash as you suggest.

I don't have an engineer code unless that is the same as the alarm code that I put the alarm to set?

I did do the test on Prog 05 and the external bell does work but could not figure out why it does not sound when the alarm goes off.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it is connected correctly.

The engineer code is not the same as the user code. The code may have been left as the default 1234.

One thing you could test is the RKP panic function by pressing buttons 3 and 9 together. This will sound the bell although this may have been changed in programming.

Sounds like it is connected correctly.

The engineer code is not the same as the user code. The code may have been left as the default 1234.

One thing you could test is the RKP panic function by pressing buttons 3 and 9 together. This will sound the bell although this may have been changed in programming.

Panic Button worked. The bell sounded internally and externally.

Looks like I was a noob, I was testing the external bell when the alarm was set as Part and did not think about testing the bell when alarm was set to full. Appears the bell sounds when set to Full. Guessing this is how the Alarm works.

Thanks for your help :) the panic button gave me some reassurance that the wiring is correct, never thought about setting it to full :(

Good!

I didn't think that you'd be testing in part set :oops: The panel has been programmed to sound internals only on part set. This can be changed in programming but you don't have the engineer code. Not a problem though so long as parts is used only when the house is occupied. Mine is programmed the same.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back