Veritas R8 two questions

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hello everybody, I have two unrelated questions:

- last weekend, while opening the windows electric shutters, the outside Pyronix XD10TTAM dual tech sensor detected the movement and the alarm went off. That was a one time only event, it never did that before. What do you think could have caused the false detection?

- last night we had a blackout in my town for a couple hours: the Veritas R8 started beeping every couple minutes (I guess it was informing me that it was working on batteries). What would have happened if the battery run out of charge? How long can a system run on battery (battery 6 months old)?

Thanks a lot in advance, this forum has incredible knowledge! :)

Sponsored Links
possible interference from the shutters

battery life will depend on size of battery and what its powering so I cant give you a figure on how long it lasts without knowing these.

When the power on the battery isnt enough the external bell may ring however it will depend on the bell used on the system.

Hello secureiam, thanks for the answer.

The bell is the Kinetic AZ220, do you have an idea how it will behave? I would be very happy to know the behavior in case of no energy/battery from the panel...

http://www.kinetic-group.co.uk/kinetic_security/products/external_sounders/az2000_series/

About the shutters, it is strange that hundred times it did not interfere with the external sensor and once it did. Can it be related to light/temperature? It was a hot day (25.C). Maybe that messed the microwaves up.

It is difficult to say for certain, a dual tech detector uses infra red and microwaves to help eliminate false alarms, often placed in conservatories so I doubt the heat on its own would be a major factor on the dual tech.

depends on the bell cut off time, 9 mins or 15 mins, I suspect it would ring for 9 mins up to 15 when no power at the panel assuming the battery in the bell was okay.

Sponsored Links
I was thinking of the heat combined with the "minor" movement that the shutters have while opening.

The movement alone until now never triggered the alarm. Let's see what happens in the next weeks and I will decide whether to do some masking on the sensor or not :)

About the bell: the 9 min are a lot... if that happens I could have some problems. The city law here allows only one minute of sound for alarm systems. I may consider to disconnect the battery jumper in the siren... that should solve the problem.

About the bell: the 9 min are a lot... if that happens I could have some problems. The city law here allows only one minute of sound for alarm systems. I may consider to disconnect the battery jumper in the siren... that should solve the problem.

So if your a burgular in Switzerland just set off the alarm, wait outside for 1 minute until silence then rob the place, priceless!

No, it can be rearmed of course... I set it to 10 rearms and that is pretty fine with the rules.

But if it goes off for no reason it should not ring for more than one minute.

Anyway the rules are by city, some have longer times. Where I live not :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back