Veritas R8Plus and Prestige AMQD Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.
Help with a capital H.
I have had a guy in to wire up my system, we have spent all day doing it and its all good apart from the above PIR's
Cant get them to set alarm off.
I have Zone 1 as the kitchen, its a PIR with Separate tamper and alarm.
the other zones (2, 3, 4, 5) are the prestige AMQD Plus PIR's
and only have T-EOL.
We have wired them up to the Zone on the panel, but none of them will set the alarm off.
Only the one in the kitchen does.
We have put 10K ohm resisters across the zones (6,7,8) (because it says so in manual in R8 Book.
Could any one help and explain how to connect this panel and PIR's up please.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
can I have 2 different pir's on this system?
looking through the manual, it says in miscellaneous options, 3.2, I have to set it either sc or oc (short circuit or open i guess)
but with two different pir,s on the system its not gona work is it?
Have looked thru forum and saw a alarm.gig on darknet, but cant see image, not available*
the PIR's have 3 resistors combo's tamper/alarm/fault.
Can I just take off jumper pin and it would be 0 resistance?

Might just send back these PIR's and use all 6 core wires that I have put in on simple reflex PIR's.
ffs:cool:
been looking on another website: they mention
texecom veritas 8 plus uses "oddball USA option"
so looked in RTFM and figure 3a is the american operatrion of just 1 10K resistor in line, not across contacts, so will try this.
great fun :eek:)

IIRC the Veritas R8+ will not work with T-EOL devices, You can use D-EOL resistors, but not T-EOL.

AFAIK there is only the premier range of texecom panels (with version 7 or above software) which are able to use these devices.

If you buy the standard texecom prestige quad or dual tech detectors, you will be able to just swap the internal gubbins.

You can still use 4 core wiring with D-EOL, you will just not have the anti masking function that T-EOL wiring allows.

Hey RF, Thanks for the reply, I bought them as a special "kit" from brewtime.
I am very surprised that they would sell stuff that is incompatible, with each other! Will contact them tomorrow.
by the way, 1 more Q... is the texecom text and speech dialer compatible with the Texecom R8Excel.
I am so glad I waited till I looked on here, as was going to mess around for a few hours today. all I have done is programmed the dialer and panel keyboard.
thanks again

Sponsored Links
Just looked at my invoice, Brewtime sold me Reflex classic quad PIR's, but sent the AMQD's in the big box by accident.

So just to re-iterate Brewtime did not sell me an incompatible system.

So If anybody wants 4 X Prestige AMQD Plus - Anti Masking Digital Quad PIR with T-EOL for around £50 + Del let me know
:eek:
[/u]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back