VeritasExcel - what to do after 24hrs no power?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Messed up my alarm while trying to move the panel to get behind wall for tiling.
Long story short...my alarm has been switched off from mains and without panel battery for about 14hrs.
Would having everything off mean all programming of zones and personal codes need reprogramming once I power up?

I also have an auto dialler (SD+1) so the same question for that too.
Any help appreciated please. (y)

Couldn't get hold of my original installer yesterday and actually got worried about sleeping without alarm on even though that was the norm 3years ago...and then we were burgled, hence the new alarm.
Anyway, thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Texecom control panels have NVM backup,so should keep all programming. Have know some Texecom panel's to revert back to factory default after power fail.
You will only find out when power is resorted to control panel.

Thanks Manjo.

What does NVM mean?
Also, when I switch on and the clock and date are set to default (Jan0000), does that indicate all the other stuff would need reprogram too?
Just wary of having the alarm blaring again if it has reset as I would rather at that point call someone in to redo everything and again powering down will set off alarm.

NVM = memory backup all programming is saved on system.
If programming lost default user code is 4321.
You will have to put time and date back into system as these are not saved during power fault.

Sponsored Links
Hello Manjo,
All sorted, thanks for your help!

The only thing that didn't get wiped was the names for the Zones. Everything else went to default. SD1+ Dialler luckily didn't get wiped though :mrgreen:

Took a bit of time but managed to follow the installation manual for alarm and reset all settings. Actually know a lot more than I did this morning so that's never a bad thing.

:D:D(y)

Excel doesn’t store the names in the panel, believe it stores in the keypad, haven’t done one in years but seem to recall you sent the text from the keypad to other keypads in the system. Hence why the panel defaulted but not the keypad

sd1+ is a separate entity

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back