Vertical Blind Broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vertical blind over one window. It is in two halves but cords at one side operate both halves.
It has been working fine for a number of years but now, when I try to draw the blades across to cover the window the first blade on one of the halves moves but it leaves behind all the other blades on that half. These have to be pulled across by hand. The other half of the blind works fine.
I would be obliged if someone could tell me if this problem can be solved other than by buying a new track.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have worked around the problem by using a slim nylon cord to link the the top of the blade which does move along when closing the blind to the top of the adjacent blade which doesn't move. Hence the blade which moves pulls all the none moving blades. I rang the sellers of this particular blind to get some advice but they didn't have a clue. I wouldn't be surprised if the blinds are made abroad.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back